1 Corinthians 10:31 (NIV) So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Importance of Setting Boundaries

Today after dinner as I was washing up dishes I heard the alluring call of the dark chocolate hiding away in my pantry. Deciding that I would let myself have 1 block (square) I pulled it out and decided to eat one. As I finished the task of cleaning up the kitchen I suddenly looked down realizing I'd eaten not 1 but at least 4 or 5 pieces. How did all those pieces make it to my mouth without even tasting it? I suddenly realized I'd broken one of my #1 healthy eating rules - I ate in a "no eating zone". For me, the kitchen is one of the easiest places  to give in to temptations so I've made the rule that I will not eat in the kitchen. Whenever I break this rule it's never good - trust me.

What places do you find yourself eating in an unhealthy manner? Your car? At your desk? In front of the television? Bottom Line: It's important to set boundaries. Limit your eating to places where you know you'll actually sit down and appreciate your food not shovel it without even enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment