1 Corinthians 10:31 (NIV) So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

New Resource!

50 Ways to Soothe Yourself Without Food
by Susan Albers, Psy. D.

I recently found another great resource that I wanted to share with you all. I just purchased and started reading the book referenced above. So far, I've found it to be quite helpful. Mindfulness, meditation, etc. is an area that I'm interested in learning more about - hoping to expand my horizons in the coming year. We eat for so many reasons beyond fulfilling our physiological and biological needs. We eat because we are happy or sad, when we're stressed or when we're relaxed. Basically, depending upon the individual and/or the situation most any emotion across the gamut could be a trigger or excuse to eat.

If you've got some free time check out this resource and take the first step in overcoming your emotional eating!


No comments:

Post a Comment