1 Corinthians 10:31 (NIV) So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Like a city without walls...

Like a city whose walls are broken through is a person who lacks self-control. (Proverbs 25:28 NIV)

I'm attending a 6 week financial planning course at my church and one of the proverbs that was used in the lesson tonight was Proverbs 25:28. There are so many, many parallels to weight loss/weight maintenance and having healthy finances. This piece of scripture is just one of many examples I hope to explore later. For those of you following the previous day's posts you'll know that this couldn't be more aptly timed. The cake in the fridge has been calling my name all day (even though I've already had my 1-day allotment). Lesson learned for the day, if self-control is something that our heavenly Father values it's something I should value too.

No comments:

Post a Comment